God of Deliverance - Bible Study Book: A Study of Exodus 1-18
Authored by: Jen Wilkin
“Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph” (Exodus 1:8).
With that introduction, we enter into the story of the Hebrew people in the Book of Exodus. No longer under the protection of their forefather Joseph, the children of Israel became slaves to the Egyptians. But God was raising up a deliverer in Moses, to lead His people from bondage to freedom so they could worship Him.
The exodus of the Israelites shapes our understanding of the whole Bible, its themes
reverberating all the way to Revelation. Exodus is the birth narrative of a nation
unmistakably guided by the Great Deliverer.
In this 10-session verse-by-verse study of Exodus 1–18, Jen Wilkin shows us that Israel’s story is our story: the same God who delivered Israel also delivers all those He loves from slavery to sin and from service to the pharaohs of this world. He lifts our eyes to the promised land He has prepared where we dwell with I AM and worship Him as the one true God.
Additional purchase or renting of the video teaching sessions is recommended for the best experience of this Bible study book.
- Leader helps to guide questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete among 10 weeks of group sessions
- Ten essential teaching videos, approximately 30–45 minutes per session, available for purchase or rent
- Learn the deeper theological implications of stories you’ve known for years.
- Understand how God protects His children and prioritizes their worship of Him above all else.
- Explore how God provided deliverance for His children to be able to worship Him freely and how it affects our lives today.