Elijah - Bible Study Book: Faith and Fire
Authored by: Priscilla Shirer
Old Testament heroes are best known for their most celebrated moments: Moses dividing the Red Sea; David slaying Goliath; Gideon routing an insurmountable army; Joshua marching around the defiant walls of Jericho.
And Elijah―calling down fire on Mount Carmel.
Blinded by the remarkable narratives of our biblical heroes, we can forget they each had a backstory―months and years of development, even difficulty, which fortified their spiritual muscle and prepared them for the tasks that made their lives unforgettable.
Every serious believer longs to summon up the kind of boldness and faith that can stand firm on Mount Carmel and pray down heaven into impossible situations. Yet few are willing to go through the process required to get them there. Strength of faith, character, and boldness can only be shaped in the hidden fires of silence, sameness, solitude, and adversity. Those who patiently wait on God in the darkness emerge with their holy loyalty cemented, their courage emblazoned, and their confident belief in Him set afire.
Join Priscilla Shirer on this 7-session journey through the life and times of the prophet Elijah to discover how the fire on Mount Carmel was forged in the valley of famine. And how the emboldened, fiery faith you desire is being fashioned by God in your life right now.
- Leader guide to help with questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Seven enriching teaching videos, approximately 30–40 minutes per session, available for purchase or rent
- Articles to enhance your study and application of the content
- Understand the value of seasons of growth and testing in your spiritual maturity.
- Be encouraged to wait on God’s good work in your heart and mind, even in seasons when you feel like no one sees.
- Learn to trust in the goodness and faithfulness of God and His purposes for your life.